Rampiyari /Singletons /Hi hollas

After the ritualistic  morning burping with own social media accounts in the mid morning I have carefully scheduled my do today lists.. 

Bank
Grocery
Meeting with my CA
Attending a press release
Bookfare
Gym
Back home.. 
After a quick bath and simple make over I walked outta my home with the essentials and murmured as usual kissing her.. 

:Chal Dhanu... I say it to my car everyday I drive my Rampiyari.. 

Yes I fondly call my car Rampiyari.. 
Of all my dreams noted in my "Red secret diary" driving was the number one"khuwaise"wish.Having and owning our own car was a luxury in my childhood in a freedom fighters  tough morale upbringing, though our rich maternal graced us with  varieties of cars.. 
The white ambassador 
The green impala..old retro green vintage car(we called it bhekuli gari) the frog mouthed.. 
I remember my chest broadened few inches more while granny with our foreign bound uncle (Bor Mama) and few aunt got down in front of our gate from the white ambassador to the envy of all neighbourhood,importantly my gang members 

Out of hundreds of community type ward no 1 in our town no-one owned a car on their own. Yes!  There was one white ambassador with the then Congress leader,  there was another zeep in the Supply office.. But every household had bicycles  and we eagerly waited for our respective papa's to come back home in the evening honking the cycle bells and yes we the most michivious gang of 12 had to wait and observe unlocked bicycle of holidays of our respective  fathers so that we try our practics  and show our heroic tricks in"Moonlight circus" style  in front Of our friends.. 
Half paddled cycling was the first aura of happiness.. I dropped of my little brother to nearby school riding my tricycle. Our helper "Dukhesh"A Bihari Boy,( papa found in streets and raised as own son,)was the one who pushed the tricycle! 

On our numororos journeys with my granny (Granny loved long  night rides ) and uncles in the freebee highways I was allowed to play the sterering of the car and gosh!!  It made me dance in glee,  the chest again broadened and bloats like the balloons.. 

:You really drove?  
I replied to my curious friends.. 
Yes!  Yes! 

I will grow up to be a driver. !!

But girls cnt be a driver you know! 

I replied. So what I will be the one like Boku  Baa. 

Boku baa was the only lady in Mekhela Chador drove a "Fiat" in our time. We floked  out to see her confident poise in the driving seat.. 

I still feel a tinge of cramp in my stomach when I touch my Rampiyari.!! Full blast music in my car.. escapade  from the madding crowd.. regular drive to shops.. Studios. Gym.. Festivel.. Meetings.. everything are moodbuster activity. Rampiyari  make life easier!! 

She.. :Rampiyari remain the only companion I rely blindly for too long than any mere mortal!! She has been the abiding help in time of endless juggling. She has been the only comfort and possession I am proud of. 

I was carrying my dotty in my womb while just only nineteen years old.. Three months of boredom in an alien town I was cribbing for a driving session and dotty's father had to nod to my tantrums of driving lessons in the wee hours when roads are clear with less running vehicles. 

Early rise and changing hand gears in the cream colored fiat was the best thing happened in my life. I overheard few in the town gossiped about it, they mostly were jealous family members!! Few predicted early abortions but as adamant as woods by the end of seven days I could drive the fiat and the zeep to nearest town and oh I could exchanged my driving experience with my dotty in womb who surprisingly  could drive in elan without any  formal guidance and now a better driver than meh!!

I often tease her. You picked up the driving trait in your moms womb. 

Everytime I talk of my "Rampiyaris" I get emotional.. 

The cream fiat.. the white Maruti van.. The open hooded zeep..the first second hand Marti 800 I brought from hard earned money.. The silver Alto.. The eco sport..

Car have never been my status symbol!!  I simply love it for its essentiality IN movement. A citygoer know it well. Being in a profession like acting   and socially active getting back home alone after a late night shooting shift is possible only for the Rampiyari.. I happen to be the only actor to cast in most in my serials and feature films  with an inseparable driving scene. I did driving stunts in many serials so gracefully accepted the image of a free spirit..bimbatee... wild... the list is endless.. What a pity!! a  beautiful skill like driving is also discriminated by gender perspective!!! 

I remember  my drive in my pyari Alto for 12 month while in Mobile Theatre.. I had to drive through unknown zones of Assam without much help. In day adventures I had been to deep  jungles with local kids.. Been to locations carrying all essentials.. Such a delight in self drive and venturing out to hilly places!! 


I whisper to my car like a stud whisper to its  race horse..Any ride is a delight.. Jungle ride in elephant.. Horse ride in hills.. Bicycle ride in free zones... 

I become emotional when I see girls ride a bullet ..its so empowering!! 

Twenty years rewind gives a dim picture of roads with few girls who drove cars  ..i remember people's gaze when they saw me driving a maruti van in it's teenaged spirit!!  Now its good to catch women drivers on the rise...stereotyping and discriminatory gender belief should fade away!! 

Twenty years back  few cocooned citygoers perceived a lady driver as bimbeet!! Now everyhoushold must hv a lady driver.

Now mind drifting on my new book!! 


And  as usual I have again lined up my words to gift myself on my Birthday. Writing and planning a book is like carrying  a fire within,  you can't douse it till you finish writing and readied it to readers..
I love my readers!!  They pamper me with kindest of sweet words till date!! 

Singletons.... A guide to single ladies.... 


This will be an interesting read.. 


I again read my fan mails...and mails from few friends.. I hardly  do engage in meaningless chatter nowadays!!  My time is precious as my work. 


Ironically  very few Indian man can carry on a intelligent  conversation with ladies.. 

Few dnt utter beyond. 

You look sexy.. !!

Can we go out on a date?? 


First few hi hellos and they started sending peppy songs.. Then send a photo request.. Then the purani record of old hunters... 

You look sexy... 

Funny isn't it?? 

There are so many beautiful  subject to talk on earth.. to ask.. to grow a Bond of friendship with smart conversation!!  They can ask about my novel. my hobbies  and share their creative notes too.. Pity!! 

But of all these they end up repeating the boaring lines to hook up.. 


There is more to a woman than just the skin.. age.. and beauty... She cant be an object or eye candy!! 

So back to rampiyari saga. I wish to travel whole of India driving with my family and friends.. 

I still  feel at ease talking to mechinacs IN a garadges and sit in oildrenched dirty garadges sipping tea while take my Rampiyari out for a bath.. 

I like to gaze my grown up dotty on the wheels and love keep talking and planning about a self-drive tours from east of Europe to the west... 

I simply adore my buddies.. Bubu.. who's kinda expert car taster and traveller  in the zone.. Nowadays  he explore with his son. 

I clap my friend Darshana for her knack in teaching driving to many women and earn a decent living by it.. 


I absolutely loved the recent driving advance courses I attended with Anindita and host of women drivers.. I love car rallies!! 


Life's all about speed and good things in life.. It's a journey in wheels of whims.... 

Friends betray at times.. 

Family might forsake you.. 

But this Rampiyari.. stands tall ..giving you company... Take you to unknown terrain... help you in emergency  situations... break the barriers... empowers a woman... 

Saudi women had to fight a lot to get a nod in driving permission...  

This is our world.. 

A tiny world.. 

Riding an enfield Bullet is the next wish in my agenda... 

I never drove a two wheeler after I broke my nose walls while learning Scoter inclass Vll... 

I dnt envy people who won good cars and driven by chaufer... Jealousy. Envy.. Insecurity. Gossip.. are not on my cards!!! 

Even i wish to drive best of all and gift all my besties a memorable ride.. 

#Drive  with caution

#Drive with glee.. 

Treat and respect your rampiyari like your best friend. M sure it will never ditch you.

Except for Bus I almost had the opportunity  to drive few good cars owned  by few family members and car lover friends... Range Rover,  Nissan, BMW, Audi A8..
I have all admiration for those who own  a Toyota Corolla, Lamborghini,  Ferrari, or Buggati.... Veneno is good... These million dollar cars suits the fairytale road too.. In one of my bus ride from Berlin to Amsterdam  the ride with a woman bus driver simply amazed me.. A young couple sittedt next were busy drawing while on board. Just imagine the smoothness of the highways!!!

The story of underwater submarine and Soviet supremacy... NATO and WARSAW pact countries during world war were so alluring!! I literally grown up dreaming about those adventures  ride.. I still  nurture  my dream of travelling  my India on self driven wheels or joining  a Himalayan  car rally..

I have met many youngsters from my state who's passionate about adventurous  bike or car or cycle rides. I so really adore them all. I have met a nineteen year old Karbi girl who often go for solo Enfield  ride.. Wowwe I hugged her and asked her a ride  throughout  my city.

Bike ride is absolute  bliss!!  Drenching in incessant  rain on the wheel of bike  is something I will do till I am alive..

And oh the royal sound of old "Enfield  Bullet"  bring back lot of fond memories  of mine!!

I really pity those who try their best to drag images and issues of freedom and rights with driving and riding a bike!!

Out of all the mindless burden of taxes and commodities  one investment  I never resent my spending  is the fuel and my Car though the price of per liter  fuel  from the days of 20rs to 78 is disappointing. But I know I dnt hv any alternatives too. ..

Before you buy a car all you should check  is the groundspace or driving would be a pain on ass in the zigzag roads  of potholes around the city or anywhere in Assam.!!!

Gone are the dopamine days when I used to zigzag or crisscross  my Maruti van in 80 speed  without  obstruction!!  In rush  hours it takes hours  from uzan  Bazar to six miles...

The sight of drivers  toying with  mobile and people's life is way disgusting!!!! As disgusting  is the reckless  teenaged bikers!!!

I am obliged to become sensible driver  of my sober Rampiyari satisfied with 60 speed  on and around the city. Highway and speeding  trucks and buses mindless reckless driving gives me goosebumps nowadays. Life is precious!!   I have lost my mother in such an wee hour accident.!!!!

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great gambler...Cinema/awards/war of excellency....

Daar aur Dard...Light at the end of the tunnel... A Phoenix tale..

Talk to my hands i will give a thumbs down..../Misogynystand up comedians..#MeToo #MaaDurga #DeviInSoul...