#Kabir Singh.. ...Bad boys and good girls....

Still have the habit of watching movies in hall.. It's rather a boost to self that destiny  made me a part of this big screen!!
I am an actor of regional film industry.!! whereas Hindi cinemas still catching the limelightand great reaching out factor..

Last night my cousin accompanied me to #Kabir sing at Carnivel. A lengthy film. A remake from Telugu blockbuster..Arjun Reddy

A breathtaking love story of a bad boy!!

Girls in majority is go ing ga ga  over bad boy Shahid Kapur. An accomplished doctor who's an addict and loved by the stuff. Nurse holds his cigar.. keep mum.. Girl friend follows his instructions with abiding spirit.. Best friend is often scared of him.. A boy who approaches girls for physical  solace but still in love with his Preety...

It's all about toxic masculinity!!!


I remember  watching Hero 25times and bowed down to Lord Shiva to give me a copy of Jackie dada. !!and eventually   the real unconventional  photocopy of Hero. A six three.. (the universe listens) entered into my life while I am hardly 15..years old took punga with the rest of the world.. with my family  to possess me in the filmiest of all filmy style!!

The bad boy proved how bad a boy can be and how good girls get impeccably. irrevocably  get attracted  to bad dude!!

Is there any pattern and logic in love??
No!! Passion is the only dragging factor that hyptonises two  human. Opposite attracts is the eternal truth!!

The spirit of a 15years old who longed a bad boy hero seems  giving a treat to her dream watching another bad boy in the big screen..again.. Here the reaction and consequences are totally different!!


Recently  I flipped few pages of a FB craze in my language. JEC. Astha and Arnab.A bad bout and a good girl again!!
Those who have read my first Novel.. "Shei Prem "written in 2005..would see similarities in portraying the Hero.
:A bad bad bouy!! Ashok
:And a goody good girl. Sobhana....and it's breathtaking dramas!!

This Silsila  of good girl falling for bad boys is as old as history.!!

But why is so we all fathom such mysoginistic character?? Why we sooth our senses with guys who sound rude and negative??Who are discriminatory IN character??
I am a hater of hypocrite and conventional  guy.. Run the mill types never ever catches my attention !! But my painting of my phantom never include a guy who would jeopardize  his girls space and liberty to the maximum!!

I have tasted the bitterness of extremes  of possasivnes that kills a relations and root out the slighest of possibility of recocilation!!

The male ego trip has a never ending flip side.!! The more a girlfriend.. a wife.. a lover.. fuel it the more gender equality suffer!!

Now the feminist Akka humanist IN me reappear!!

Now I ask every good girl to do a reality check  on how loving a bad bouy justified??  How being with a Casanova  who sleep around but grip his fist tight on own possession and make her freedom in jeopardy is pardonable??

In maximum Indian girl there's a Preety who love an unconventional Kabir..


We overlook.. We simply overlook our Hero's use women stating... "Will you help me physically without any string attached?? So woman will give helping hand to the hero to quench his thurst  and lust to go back to his only love!!

Sigh!! true love in man don't necessarily  encompass loyality!!Just turn the table and Dream about a female Kabir!!

A woman. unconventional.. Rowdy.. falls apart.. become addicts.. beg man to help her  physically without string attached!!
You surely will exclaim..

Slut!!and all adjectives.. right??

A cinema is a cinema!! A tool of entertainment!!

But years after years we are creating and appluading bad boys with grey shades!! On screen and off screen!! Bad boys are pardonable!! They still be hero worshipped!!

What about bad girls.. Bad.. Unconventional.. angry Durgas..grey shed Maa Kalli's??


We have to equally create  female Kabir and see how the viewers react!!!

Anyways#Kabir Singh  took me away to down memory lane. I so very knew this man.. I so very happened to meet this man.. to finally struggled to get rid of such Madness!!

Love is madness!! True
But Love is understanding.. Patience and mutual respect too!!Love cnt be discriminatory!!

If you are a woman go to the theatre to watch how much a Kabir in your dreams are still alive and question  will this kinda Madness make you grow and happy??

Ask yourself will you and your society will  go soft on a female Kabir Singh !!!

Ask your man over over how he define  a good girl and bad girl.!! and what is the criteria of definition??

Ask your brother or a male friend why many Boy like him differentiate between a girl of marriage material or a girl to sleep around material!!

If Cinema is a tool of social transformation I would equally want series of Pink.. along with #Kabir Singh..










Comments

  1. Very thought provoking write-up. I kinda vouch for most of the points you have mentioned. Yes we need to change the stereotypical process of thinking, and rethink.

    If I have to add my point of view, I'd say "boys seeking good girls days are a bygone". I personally would want to be with a woman who is sure of herself. A woman who has gone through the grind of time and has discovered herself. A woman who doesn't need to depend on her man, but if need be can be a pillar of strength and support in his progress.

    I'll give a snippet from my first experience of encountering women (since you mentioned yours). I was barely 14 when my innocence was taken, and it was taken by 3 girls a tad older than me. I tried being/acting the macho guy, but I don't think those stoned/drunk girls read the pain in my teary eyes, as my penis bled due to the forced tear of my foreskin. But that's a one off case.

    Yes, the world has always portrayed the woman to be a victim in cinemas, but in reality men suffer as much. In my small lifetime I have seen how women have manipulated men. I have seen and experienced how female bosses push their male subordinates for sexual favours. I have seen how a woman can manipulate and destroy men. I have seen cheating wives. I have experienced deceiving girlfriends and gold-diggers. I have seen how women use sex and sexuality to their advantage, and how foolish and idiotic men can be to get trapped and destroyed by them.

    Having said that, one of my favourite movies of all times is "Pretty Woman". A successful man falling crazily in love with a prostitute. I also loved "Manmarziyan" where the female protagonist dominates and bullies her boyfriend to do all the chores, yet keeps an affair up with another.

    I think it's high time we made movies on how women have misused the advantages given to them. We need films that show women enjoying all benefits of reservations and advantages, but talk of equality. We need to show how a woman can almost always play the victim card and get away with the most heinous of crimes. It's time to stop showcasing a woman as the docile, fragile, submissive kind. They clearly are not. We need movies to showcase that women can rape and destroy a man's modesty and life too. This will give courage to those men who have always suffered silently, and voice out the traumas they have faced. For the sake of the world, we need films that stop showing the male as macho, and show how evil a woman can be.

    No, I am not a chauvinist. I believe in equality, and I voice for equality on every ground. I want women to stop craving and depending on men for support and care. I want men to stop thinking that they need to support and take care of the women in their lives.

    But again... they are just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vikram Gogoi for the value-based comments.. You have given a new perspective which cnt be ignored.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The great gambler...Cinema/awards/war of excellency....

Daar aur Dard...Light at the end of the tunnel... A Phoenix tale..

Talk to my hands i will give a thumbs down..../Misogynystand up comedians..#MeToo #MaaDurga #DeviInSoul...