why do I write??Celebrating two decades of ..Xei Prem...

 That was a time when hardly any actor write..that was a time when i hardly had money or any manipulative attitude to convince any publisher that my book might sell like hot cake!!! A shattered soul more shattered when the editor of a popular magazine whov noded to publish my novel ended up with tall adivces on editing few chapters of Novel...Xei.Prem...

Was that a novel??Nah..nay..no..that was my lifeline..my tears..my anguish ..my mirror mirror monologue..my baby...and how dare a mere mortal ask me cut my babies limb into portions!!!I asked the editor to return the handwritten scripts .

Nalage ami uliyam..No need we will do somthing about it."consoled my friend Mainu"..Raju..Hridoy..and a host..Titu da from Manikut Printers started meddle in the toughest job of typing my dirty and messy handwriting in his printer..i,witout even wiping my makeup from shoot used to run to Titu das home cum office where bou offered me tea and some food..Restless i was to see my baby to come out of my womb.Raju came out with free cover and final proofreading.As if i was preparing for a battle...as if i was preparing myself to gift the world a hidden treasure..I saw Titu da cried while typing the chapters!!Does a type writer normally cry wgile typing a mere novel??Few lines in my novel were diped in tears..Yes!!That was the pang of revisiting history!!

Acting became a robotic ritual to earn my bread and butter as my passion revolved around the words..
Left and Right!!
Words Paraded in my little innocent soul!!

What is your marketing strategy??asked few smart peers..I gave a blank look..Did i ever bother about the saleability or a potential market of my baby!! I wanted to reach out to people..i wanted to tell the story of an innocent girl ..thats it..i murmured.

And then i could finally hold it to my bosom..i read it over and over..not a word i wrote was dropped!!not a single word!!!

On my Birthday 29th of Dec..2005.. It was released..Everybody poured in..all my actor brothers and sisters.Mridula Baruah..Nipon Goswami.Biju Phukan...everybody kept on reading the pages...

And in the tiny five hundred rupees writers corner in the Bookfare people poured in to buy a copy and my autograph.....Newspapers carried my picture with my novel..

The passion clicked !! Little did i bother about any negativity.The words made me come closer to my readers...

More than a decade,i keep on getting love from my readers.God my noble wish is granted.Thank you!!My words could unfold the misery and offer solution to many innocent soul.

I never ever work for an award, never shall i!!

Yesterday a girl from my other corner of my state sent an emotional letter to me.Today a sweet mother Tarali wrote an inspiring note.One fan kept on saying..
"Xei Prem is my Bible"

God!! Thank you.That explain why do i write!!That explain why an actor like me write.

Find me any other intense midium other than writing to reach out to the soul of people i would stop writing..

Writing is like my prayer the holistic approach to reach out to people..the mefium through which i can cultivate my garden of peace and love.

I wish and i will try to reach out to all the corner of the globe through my writing.

Xei Prem" could bring strength and smile to many Tarali.Sandhya.Robin and protim..All the comments and love usher hope and positivity to me..

Thank you everyone..

Lets celebrate decades of my first novel..Xei prem..
Lets cel





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great gambler...Cinema/awards/war of excellency....

Mard in me... Aurat in me...

Daar aur Dard...Light at the end of the tunnel... A Phoenix tale..